Mount Klitsa Garden Club.
The Mount Klitsa Garden Club was formed on March 24,1955 at the home of Ann Thomson of McCoy Lake. There were 15 members present. Meetings were held at Kleecoot schoolhouse (water bomber base) and members homes. The club’s emblem is the trillium. Our emblem was chosen due to the conservation and protection of this flower by the efforts of the Mount Klitsa Garden Club. The Conservation Law was passed by the government in 1958.
In 2001 the club gave a large donation to West Coast General Hospital for the purchase of tropical plants in the atrium (health square).